Terms & Policies
Checking in for your flight
- Check in time is one (1) hour prior to departure time.
- Flights are closed out 20 minutes before departure time. Seats may be given away at this time.
- Flight times and rates are subject to change without notice.
- Flight Routing is subject to change depending on Weather and Loads.
- If traveling from a Village to Nome, Kotzebue or Unalakleet, please check with the Bering Air Village Agent for Flight Times on your day of Travel.
- If traveling from Nome, Kotzebue or Unalakleet, please confirm your Reservation and check your flight times 24 hrs prior to Flight Departure
- Bering Air has a generous 100 pound Baggage allowance
- Baggage over the 100 pound allowance is Excess Baggage and will be charged at the applicable published excess baggage tariff rate.
- NAME TAGS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL BAGS.
- BERING AIR HAS THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ALL BAGGAGE AND ALL CARGO SHIPMENTS.
- UNLESS YOU DECLARE A HIGHER VALUE, IN ADVANCE, AND PAY AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DELAY, OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY IS LIMITED TO $750 PER PASSENGER.
- Bering Air assumes no liability for fragile, valuable, or perishable articles.
- *EXCESS VALUE INSURANCE RATE IS $.25 PER $100 VALUE OVER $750
- A complete description and examination of the item will be done to verify it is in good condition.
- Reminder: All monetary instruments are at “shipper’s risk” and are not insurable.
*Exceptional Value Insurance
Items such as money, ivory, jewelry, furs, artwork, artifacts, gold and silver or anything with a value exceeding $300/lb cannot be insured for an actual value and are therefore shipped as cargo or GSX at the shipper’s own risk. Ex. Item weights 2 lbs. Max. Insurance purchased would be for $600.00 value.
- FAA regulations require that all Carry-Out Baggage be stowed during takeoff and landing. This limits the size of bags that are allowed as “Carry-Out”. Please keep this in mind when checking in.
- Carry-out baggage allowed includes small backpacks, handbags, and laptops. You may keep these items at check in and carry them out to the aircraft with you, however due the small size of our aircraft and lack of under seat or overhead storage, the pilot will be required to stow your item in a safe place for takeoff and landing.
- Larger bags that must be checked can be marked “fragile” before we put them through the bag well. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we only have your safety in mind.
At the Village
- Please be aware that all Village Agents meet our airplanes specifically for picking up mail and freight.
- It is neither their responsibility to deliver excess baggage nor to pick up or drop off customers at homes or places of business within the village.
- It is up to each passenger traveling to make his or her own arrangements for assistance to and from the airport.
- It is also important that you check-in or contact our Agent prior to departing to ensure your seat on the airplane. We have schedules available at the counter listing all of Bering Air’s Village Agents with a contact phone number – please ask us for one.
- All Bering Air Fares and Rates include taxes and fees.
- There are no hidden fees with Bering Air, what you see is what you get.
Full Fare Rules
- Tickets are valid for ONE YEAR after the ISSUE DATE.
- Round-Trip tickets are non-transferable and must be used in the direction issued. Partial refunds on round-trip tickets are less the full one-way fare and a $50.00 processing fee.
- Refunds are available on Eligible Tickets only
- While not all Tickets are refundable, Bering Air is committed to refunding eligible tickets promptly
- Customers may request a refund for unused refundable fare
- Refunds are subject to a $50.00 processing fee
- Refunds will be credited to the original purchaser and made in the original form of payment
- Checks are issued from the accounting office in Nome in 4 to 6 weeks
- We process credit card refunds through the credit card machine within 30 days
- Charge tickets are not refunded but credited to the customer’s account
You can request a refund by calling the Station where your ticket was purchased or write to the following address for processing, please make sure you include your address and telephone number:
Bering Air, Inc.
Attn: Ticket Refund
P.O. Box 1650
Nome, Alaska 99762
For partial refund or options regarding non-refundable fare: Call Bering Air at 907-443-5464 for Nome and Unalakleet and 907-442-3943 for Kotzebue
BERING AIR’S RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE OF EITHER PERSONS OR CARGO IS RESERVED.
- CELL PHONES