When shipping cargo from Anchorage to the village, advise your mainline carrier that the shipment should continue from Nome, Kotzebue or Unalakleet via Bering Air.
Bering Air offers a wide range of cargo services from Hand Carried Small Packages to Hazardous Materials and Oversized Items such as Snowmachines, 4 Wheelers, Furniture, Building materials and more.
Please Contact Us for all your shipping needs.
For cargo, freight and hand-carry shipments arriving or departing from our Nome hub, please call 907-443-8992.
Cargo and Excess Baggage Rate Charts ▼
Terms & Policies for Cargo and Small Package Shipping ▼
- Bering Air will not be held responsible for cash, checks, money orders and all monetary instruments.
All monetary instruments are at “shipper’s risk” and are not insurable.
- Shippers are required to declare the contents of the box / envelope.
- Names and phone numbers are required on all packages and handcarries.
- The handcarry fee is a minimum of $30.00 between villages and OME/OTZ/UNK.
- Bering Air will not bring cash or deposits, from a customer, to or from the bank except by special arrangement with the station manager.
A handcarry fee of $30.00 plus a $25.00 service charge would be charged for the delivery, (A TOTAL FEE OF $55.00).
THE HANDCARRY IS SENT AT SHIPPERS RISK!
- Shipping Goods must be properly labeled with Name, address and telephone number of Both Shipper and Consignee.
- BERING AIR HAS THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ALL CARGO SHIPMENTS.
- UNLESS YOU DECLARE A HIGHER VALUE, IN ADVANCE, AND PAY AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE, LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DELAY, OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY IS LIMITED TO 50 CENTS PER POUND PER PIECE FOR CARGO.
- Bering Air assumes no liability for fragile, valuable, or perishable articles.
- *EXCESS VALUE INSURANCE… CARGO=$.25/$100 over $.50 lb value.
- A complete description and examination of the item will be done to verify it is in good condition.
EXCEPTIONAL VALUE INSURANCE
- Items such as money, ivory, jewelry, furs, artwork, artifacts, gold and silver or anything with a value exceeding $300/lb cannot be insured for an actual value and are therefore shipped as cargo or GSX at the shipper’s own risk. Ex. Item weights 2 lbs. Max. Insurance purchased would be for $600.00 value.
- Reminder: All monetary instruments are at “shipper’s risk” and are not insurable.