March 23, 2020 Covid-19 Flight Schedule Changes
Effective March 23, 2020
To our customers and local community,
Effective immediately, we will no longer be taking reservations on-line. Please use the following phone numbers to make your reservation:
In Nome, call 1-907-443-5464 or toll free within Alaska at 1-800-478-5422
In Unalakleet, call 1-907-624-3175, or toll free within Alaska at 1-800-390-7970
In Kotzebue, call 1-907-442-3943, or toll free within Alaska at 1-800-478-3943
Email us at email@example.com
This is an urgent notice regarding service modifications on Bering Air’s route system. The effects of the spread of COVID-19 are monumental and unprecedented in our time. At the urging of state health officials, lawmakers, communities and corporations, as well as our own desire to stop the spread of this virus, Bering Air is making drastic changes.
- Our flight schedule is significantly reduced, with many departure and arrival times changed. If you have scheduled a flight and intend to travel, please double check the departure time the day before you fly.
- Do not attempt to travel if you are symptomatic.
- Refunds and change fees are waived on all tickets until further notice.
- Booking and ticket management is no longer available online. Please call our offices in Nome, Kotzebue or Unalakleet to manage your travel. Local and toll free numbers can be found at beringair.com, and at the end of this announcement
Travel ban will begin on Wednesday, March 25th:
- Only essential personnel will be allowed to travel to and from villages.
- Essential travelers should be prepared with a Travel Authorization document.
- At this time, residents are allowed to return to their homes. Further restrictions are likely to be imposed in the very near future. Check with your community leaders.
Bering Air will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19. We will still be delivering mail, freight, and medical supplies. In the Bering Strait region, we will continue to provide our 24/7 medevac service in partnership with Norton Sound Health Corporation. We encourage you to keep yourself and your families safe and to follow CDC guidelines to stop the spread of this deadly virus. Follow your community leaders’ guidance, rules and restrictions for your health and that of your neighbor.